To be honest, I’m not so much as relieved that 2013 has gone as many are. 2013 was such an amazing year for me, especially when it came to exploring myself and learning to love myself. Sure, I fell into those short, redundant relationships that ended badly (but hey, there’s good that comes from every bad relationship – you learn to pick yourself up again!)
This post is more for me than it is for your reading, but if you wish to, go ahead. Maybe you wouldn’t think 2013 was a bad year for you too (come, come!) On a side note, I’m really hyped up listening to The Wanted and singing to every word of every song on my playlist. *Could this be loveeee??*
The crazy things I did in 2013 (and I don’t care if you judge me for these):
– After being a fan ever since they started, I finally got to go for their concert when they came with Jeff Timmons and Blue. Yup, a1! No doubt I am a fan of the other two acts, but I went absolutely nuts for a1! Oh c’mon, who could resist Mark’s sizzled smile, Ben’s deep eyes and that sultry voice of Christian? Mmmm…
– I went back to Twitter, mainly as a form of celeb-watching. You can’t trust everything on E! Entertainment and Perez Hilton, right?
– I went for my first meet-and-greet session (yes, with a1). Went completely starstruck in front of Ben and regret missing Mark and Christian. I blame the stupid security. Maybe I should get a wheelchair or crutches next time for more time…
– Went for my Deepavali flea thing, mainly cos Hrithik Roshan came down to promote Krrish 3. Thanks to my friends, I went fan-crazy and followed them to the hotel where there was a gala dinner in his name. He must have, indeed, have some superpowers in eating as he only went in for about 5 minutes and rushed out. -shrugs-
– Yes, we went to the hotel he stayed at the next day and we did get a photo with him (as a group – he touched my shoulder *girl screams*).
– I have allowed my parents to confirm that their daughter is mad. What’s new?
There’s honestly much, much, MUCH more to this list but I wouldn’t want you to think I escaped from the mental institute now… 😉
Getting to the deeper stuff:
I learnt to love myself more, survive heart break after heart break. I’m a true believer of how every bad brings about some good, and even though it gets hard to see that at times, all you need is time and space. Loads of it. All my experiences in the past year have brought me to the person I am today. I was never that girl who could walk with my head high up and smile at absolutely nothing, feeling that inner peace burst from inside of me. I was never that girl who was able to speak my mind. I was never that girl who stood up for my beliefs. No, in fact, I was a timid and shy girl. It’s only when I started to love myself more and more with every day that pass by, that I am able to be who I am now. And frankly, I love the me now.
I’m still learning. I make mistakes. We all do – we’re humans. But more than anything, 2013 has been the year that I learnt to change my views on life and love.
2014 will be a new beginning and hopefully, a straighter path to my dreams. Will be working on my inner peace further and investing in myself and my loved ones first.
Resolutions for 2014? Continue to look at the glass half full, love harder, work diligently, be foolish but grow stronger. And more than anything, start on that big dream.
Wishing all my readers and loved ones a year filled with peace, love, happiness and good health! Remember that resolutions will just be resolutions unless you decide to make that change. A new year won’t be different unless you change yourself first. Create that inner peace in you and watch how it unfolds into something magical.
Be kind to one another 🙂 xx